Below are valuable resources to further expand your understanding as you begin to shape your community’s advocacy efforts.
- Learning How to Hope: Reviving Democracy through our Schools and Civil Society by Sarah M. Stitzlein
- Cleaning Up the Mess from Sacred Cows: A Strategy to Take Back Our Public Schools by Corky O’Callaghan and Charlie Irish
- America’s Schools at a Turning Point: And how we THE PEOPLE can help shape their future by Corky O’Callaghan
- Publics for Public Schools: Legitimacy, Democracy, and Leadership by Kathleen Knight Abowitz
- American Public Education and the Responsibility of its Citizens: Supporting Democracy in the Age of Accountability by Sarah M. Stitzlein
- Schoolhouse Burning: Public Education and the Assault on American Democracy by Derek W. Black